Monday, March 30, 2015

I’m Not A Hoarder, I’m Not A Hoarder….

Yesterday, after Louie left for the day to go to his annual ‘end of season team pool tournament and awards outing’, I attacked the kitchen with elimination of ‘stuff’ in mind.


Why do I think I ‘need’ all the ‘stuff’ I have?


I did manage to get a few things boxed up and eliminated before I pooped out. This also includes the ‘stuff’ from the bedroom I worked on Saturday. I filled the recycling bin again too. Louie just emptied it Saturday morning.



I pooped out before I even got to the upper cupboards, so there will be another ‘round’ of eliminating. I also was reminded that I don’t get up off the floor very easily anymore. (Sigh….at least I didn’t have to call anyone for help Embarrassed smile) I did manage to get it vacuumed, picked up and livable until I ‘hit it’ again. It felt good, but would have felt better had I finished.



Do you bring ‘stuff’ in just to haul it back out later too? I MUST find a new hobby rather than ‘junkin’, or, I just need to be more selective in my purchases…but I think I already have been doing that……I don’t bring much home with me anymore.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dusting and Decluttering

No, this isn’t the inside of my garage and this isn’t my garage door. Winking smile These are the windows in my bedroom.


The curtains have needed washing for too long now. They were filled with dust and were dingy gray in color, not white anymore. I kicked Louie out of the house today so I could get it done! I made him go play pool. I know, so inhumane of me! I have been feeling very overwhelmed with needing to get things done. I love my new job, but I work 5 days a week now and I miss my Fridays because that is when I got my chores done. Now I don’t get much done at all! I started in our bedroom and put the curtains in the washer while I started dusting. I put some things in a bag for donation and did a thorough dusting and vacuuming. I worked on my regular laundry while I was at it too.


Curtains back up and clean!


I even ordered some roller shades for the three windows today, and two very wide shades for the windows in my living room. (See what happens when I’m left alone with my house and Paypal?) They will be SO nice though!


I love a nice clean room! I even vacuumed the thick ‘dust carpet’ under the bed! Thanks to the help of my friend Margaret, she remembered the name of the quilt on the foot of the bed that I made. It was in the March/April 2006 issue of Fons & Porter magazine and called Weaver Fever by Jackie Robinson. Everyone is our quilt group made their own version of this quilt. Of course I made mine much larger than the pattern called for. It is one of my favorite quilts.



Tomorrow, the bathroom cupboards and drawers, and the kitchen cupboards get attacked!

Have I mentioned how much I love my Swiffer Duster?


Sunday, March 15, 2015

March Quilting~Donation Quilts~ Pink & White FQ’s

March quilting was held on March 14th. Polly won the draw for choice of fat quarters, and she also chose the service project. She chose to make quilt tops from kits for the Park View Quilting Ministry, so that is what we did! We also celebrated Patty’s and Christie’s birthdays, but I was a bad hostess and didn’t get any pictures.

Polly and Margaret were hard at work.


Patty and KT too!



I think KT was the first one done with her quilt.










And Patty.


Eye candy for the month was Pink & White. Yummmm…..


Leslie and Ronelle were unable to join us, but we look forward to seeing them in April!

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Recycled Jeans Bag

First of all, I would like to say that I am still here, alive and kicking, and that I am SO behind in blogging. If you are reading this, thank you for still being here. I need to catch up, but in the meantime….

Yesterday, five of the sweetest women from the Park View Quilting Ministry came to my house to sew with me!!!! Now the sad part…I didn’t take any photos! What was I thinking?

I did sew a bag, though I am only about two months behind in the making of it from when the idea hit me. I found some cute horse fabric while thrifting. I had originally wanted to make this for a friend at work who had a birthday in JANUARY, but it didn’t happen. I picked up a couple pairs of the largest jeans I could find while thrifting so I could cut them up for fabric. Having the girls from Park View sew with me gave the perfect opportunity to finally get it done.




I’m going to give it to my friend at work tomorrow. She is an animal lover and has horses. I hope she loves it.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

February Quilting~Donation Quilts~White FQ’s

February quilting was on February 7th, but we didn’t really have a project to work on since Ronelle was gone that day and she was the one who won the draw, chose the fat quarters, and chose the project, so we all just kind of worked on our own things.

Polly and I each sewed a donation quilt top for the Park View Quilting Ministry. The top photo is the one Polly sewed, and the bottom one is the one I sewed.



These were the fq’s we collected that day. Yummy!


It was a fun day with the girls, but then, it always is!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...