Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Singer Cabinet, Old English, and Pledge Furniture Polish

A week ago, I bought a Singer Cabinet for $15. I bought it, because it had a Singer foot control, a Singer sewing machine manual, all the accessories, and the extension table for (the missing) sewing machine in the storage cabinet. I have paid more than $15 for a foot control when I needed one. How could I go wrong?

I also liked that this cabinet had a little ‘shelf’ built into it. I’m thinking just about any of my sewing machines, including one of my Juki’s would sit right in there and the machine could be recessed. Better than a table where the sewing machine sits up high, right?

Heck, even one of the quilting girls could pop their machine in it on quilting day if they wanted a little bit of extra room to sew, right?

I brought it in from the garage tonight and got out my Old English. Gosh, I LOVE that stuff! No refinishing for me! HECK NO!

What do you think? Not so pretty, is it? 

Singer Cabinet 001

Singer Cabinet 002

How about now?

Singer Cabinet 004

Singer Cabinet 003

Singer Cabinet 006

I set the Kenmore 1451 that I worked on last night in there to show you how ‘slick’ it will be. There is lots of room on the right end, but that’s ok!

Singer Cabinet 005

Can’t beat that deal with a stick, can you? OH! I love the thrift stores!!!

8 comments:

  1. If I didn't know that it was a sewing machine cabinet, I would have thought it was a writing desk; it came out great with a little polishing and cleaning up! Nice addition to your house indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great find! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice! I am sure one of the girls will be wanting to use this nice cabinet. You are a terrific thrift shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that cabinet. Not many machines in my area, and, when I go to TX, they want a fortune for broken machines.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...