Friday, June 6, 2014

Miss Brenda and the Loveladies: A Heartwarming True Story of Grace, God, and Gumption

This is what I am reading now. I am loving it. I found her website last night. There is so much inspiration there, and you even get to see and hear them. I love that I found this before I finished the book so I could actually put faces and voices to Brenda and Shay.  Shay is incredible! Shay was the first to arrive. She had a shaved head, and was the meanest and scariest, and clearly the ‘leader’.  What Brenda does is absolutely incredible. Make sure you scroll down on the main page. There are videos to watch. Click the links at the top of the page as well. Just so awesome! Truly a wonderful ministry! This book gives you a totally different point of view…..God’s point of view.

9780307732170_p0_v3_s260x420

This is the overview from the Barnes & Noble website:

One woman’s fight to provide hope for the hopeless…
Seven ex-cons who changed her heart forever…
For Brenda Spahn, entrepreneur and businesswoman, wealth was a lifestyle—until a brush with the law threatened to send her to prison. In those dark moments, Brenda made a promise to God. Spared incarceration, a renewed Brenda glimpsed into the lives of women serving time in one of the worst places in America—the Julia Tutwiler Prison for Women in Wetumpka, Alabama. What she saw prompted a God-inspired vision. With a heart to help and a will that couldn’t be crushed, Brenda fought the system and overcame tremendous obstacles to take ex-cons into her own home and help them navigate the alien world of life on the outside.

This is the story of Brenda’s journey from rags to riches to redemption. It’s the story of the first unlikely year of her “Whole Way House” and of the extraordinary lives of the first seven women who came to call her “Miss Brenda.” It’s a story that testifies to the power of faith and how God changes hearts every day.

I just wanted to share.

images[2]

1 comment:

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...