Saturday, March 28, 2015

Dusting and Decluttering

No, this isn’t the inside of my garage and this isn’t my garage door. Winking smile These are the windows in my bedroom.

20150328_121453

The curtains have needed washing for too long now. They were filled with dust and were dingy gray in color, not white anymore. I kicked Louie out of the house today so I could get it done! I made him go play pool. I know, so inhumane of me! I have been feeling very overwhelmed with needing to get things done. I love my new job, but I work 5 days a week now and I miss my Fridays because that is when I got my chores done. Now I don’t get much done at all! I started in our bedroom and put the curtains in the washer while I started dusting. I put some things in a bag for donation and did a thorough dusting and vacuuming. I worked on my regular laundry while I was at it too.

20150328_121425

Curtains back up and clean!

20150328_151226

I even ordered some roller shades for the three windows today, and two very wide shades for the windows in my living room. (See what happens when I’m left alone with my house and Paypal?) They will be SO nice though!

0900631B814CD2A4M

I love a nice clean room! I even vacuumed the thick ‘dust carpet’ under the bed! Thanks to the help of my friend Margaret, she remembered the name of the quilt on the foot of the bed that I made. It was in the March/April 2006 issue of Fons & Porter magazine and called Weaver Fever by Jackie Robinson. Everyone is our quilt group made their own version of this quilt. Of course I made mine much larger than the pattern called for. It is one of my favorite quilts.

20150328_152448

20150328_150657

Tomorrow, the bathroom cupboards and drawers, and the kitchen cupboards get attacked!

Have I mentioned how much I love my Swiffer Duster?

swiffer-duster

5 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! Love that quilt on the foot of your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good spring cleaning! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our bedroom needs a good dusting and decluttering too! I think I shall go get a start on it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love my Swiffer Duster, too! You gave me inspiration to clean my house : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much ambition! Everything looks nice and fresh. Love Swiffer Dusters!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, but if you ask a question, I cannot reply to you if you are a NO-REPLY blogger and do not supply an email address. If you need a reply to your comment, please find the 'Contact Me' button on the right side bar of my blog, which will supply you with a fresh new email for you to compose and send, then I will reply as quickly as I can. Thank you for stopping by.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...